PILGRIM QUEEN OF THE FAMILY
Mary, Heart of the Sacred Family, wishes to enter your home. Join the prayer of many families each day as they pray the rosary before an image of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
What is The Pilgrim Queen of the Family?
The Pilgrim Queen of the Family is a network of Catholic families united by a desire to live and share the Gospel , and to promote the devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe, through family praying of the Holy Rosary for the intentions of the Church, the Pope, families, and vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life. For more details, please visit the Pilgrim Queen of the Family website.
As an Affiliated Family with Pilgrim Queen of the Family We commit ourselves to:
1. Pray the Holy Rosary together as a family
2. Invite other families to pray the Holy Rosary
3. Love the Pope and collaborate with the bishop and parish priests
4. Welcome life
5. Promote vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life
6. Give testimony of Christian love: “Look how they love each other”
The Love of a Pope
Blessed Pope John Paul II was well known during his papacy for having a deep and abiding love for the Blessed Virgin Mary. When he was elected Pope in 1978 he said of his motto: “As is well known, (in) my episcopal coat of arms … the motto Totus tuus is inspired by the teaching of St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort. These two words express total belonging to Jesus through Mary: “Tuus totus ego sum, et omnia mea tua sunt.” (“I am all Yours, and all that I have is Yours.”) Pope John Paul II's devotion to Mary was evident in all that he did: his words, his prayer life, his motto and even his coat of arms, were all dedicated to the Blessed Mother. On November 30, 2004 John Paul II´s gave his blessing to Pilgrim Queen of the Family:
How Does the Program Work?
The travelling shrine (see image above) of Our Lady of Guadalupe is passed from one loving home to another every three days. The shrine is in a convenient carrying tote (the size of a textbook) and includes a rosary and some books to help you enjoy your visit. During your visit, you pray the rosary and develop a personal relationship with the Blessed Lady, as an individual and preferably, as a family! When your visitation is over, you arrange to pass Our Lady on to the next person on the list. It's easy and the benefits are great!
How to Become a Part of this Beautiful Program
1. Join a current group if an opening occurs: Currently, we have two groups that are participating in this beautiful program. Occasionally we have openings in these groups due to moves, etc.; if this happens and an opportunity opens for a new family, we will put out a notice to the SCWC membership. You want to jump on it asap because the opportunity won't last long!!
2. Create a new group of 10 families: If you have a group of 10 families (including your own) who would like to begin a new group, please email our group leader below and she will get you started!!!
For more information, or to join and/or start a group, please contact:
"There is no more effective means to attract the blessings of God on the families, than the prayer of the Holy Rosary".
~ Pope Pius XII